Does Proactive work?

I'm in my 30's...and HATE my complexion...but its not Jessica Simpson bad.

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 3:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• proactiv worked for me. at first i broke out really bad. i guess. it was drawing out the last of my pimples, then it cleared up soooo good. but when i stopped using it, i broke out worse than ever. it's good if you're disciplined enough to use it every day & don't plan on stopping. but my skin hasn't been as good as it was on proactiv since. it's the best product i've ever used, but was too expensive for me to keep up. so i'm back to my oily pimply skin....
    Anonymous

• Well, I didn't think it WAS that expensive. There was something at the drug store that ran maybe $25 a month? A kit - the ingredients looked the same...the results were okay. Yes. When I went to a dermo. doc. she said it would get worse before it gets better. But I had to go to one now. I'm 30 something!!!
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 3:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• So it says $19.95 NOW a $75.00 for the kit of three. After I order the first time is it going to be $75 each time after that???
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 3:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Order it from QVC through Shopathome.com. I used to get the set delivered from proactiv every three months, it was like $50 due to taxes and shipping. I found it on QVC for a few bucks cheaper, and then found SHOPATHOME.COM, which gives you a percentage back on online shopping. LOVE IT.
    Oh, and I second the fact that you better be very persistent with it, otherwise, if you slack your face practically explodes. :)
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 6:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It didn't work for me, ugh!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• it works if you use it religiously, if you stop using it then your face starts to get bumps again
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My step-daughter used it for awhile and her skin was good - but then something happened - I'm guessing she stopped using it and her complexion got really bad. Sounds like something I don't want to get into if I'm going to have to use it FOREVER.
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 9:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• What about SkinID from Neutrogena? It looks to be $40 for membership? I shopped online and have about $50 in my cart of stuff I would buy - if it would work...
    augsmom

Answer by augsmom at 10:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• ugg...dont even get me started on Proactive!! it worked for about 2 months & then my face just started peeling & flaking constantly. it looked like my face had bad dandruff so i stopped using it & it went back to normal. a few years later i tried it again (moved to a humid climate) & about 2 months into it the same thing happened. so i stopped using it & now my skin is always super dry.

when i got it you paid $40 every time after your trial was over. they take the money straight out of your account & keep sending it to you. i called them 3 times to tell them to quit sending me their stuff & to quit taking my money. they continued to take my money & send me there product until my card expired & they couldnt find me haha. also...there "money back guarantee" is not a cash back program. you mail the stuff back at your own expense and they give you a gift card for more of their stuff.

but this was 3 years ago so...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i love it!! i use it sometimes, and sometimes i dont. when i use it, my skin is AMAZING. when i dont (if i run out, go on vacation, want to switch it up), its not nearly as great (soft, fresh feeling), but its because i wash with regular soap. i think its totally worth the money. they have a kiosk at my local mall, i prefer that to ordering from the company itself (which i hear is a nightmare!). i have ordered from qvc.com and they were great!
    SadiasMomma

Answer by SadiasMomma at 3:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2010