What are the biggest local news stories near you?

About 100 miles from me a huge rockslide has closed the interstate indefinitely.
Here is a link to the pics...

What is happening near you?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Agreed, from Colorado as well, and thats a huge rock slide! Who knows how long CDot will have the road closed.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I've been to Glenwood Springs before...on a mission trip...in the summer time- it was very pretty =0 ) you're right, those are huge boulders!! WOW

the top story in our area (I just looked at my app. on my cell phone lol cuz I haven't watched the news today) says "Dallas police pursuit ends with suspect killed"

earlier we did have some severe storms but the sun is out now and it is nice
    Anonymous

• local - the school board is talking of ending our "diversity policy" in favor of neighborhood schools. I live in Raleigh NC and it's even been in NY papers. They are also switching some schools from year round to traditional calendar, really ticking off some parents!

Answer by missanc at 3:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• In Pennsylvania, a man is on trial for killing a state senator while driving drunk.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• missanc, I'm also in Raleigh! The other big story in our area is that a member of the state board of education was attacked last weekend and died the other day.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2010