Knee Pain.

My left knee has been hurting since last night..for seemingly no reason. I havent bumped it, didnt sit on it funny.It just started hurting when I extend it to walk or bend it or put pressure on it to walk up or down the stairs.
I put a heating pad on it for awhile this morning but it really didnt help.
Anyelse ever had this problem and find out what was wrong with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• Have you tried ice? Knee pain is most often caused by soft tissue inflammation. Heat will not reduce inflammation, so that is probably why it didn't help...Yes, I have knee pain. I have patellar-femoral pain syndrome(lovely name huh?); that wasn't sudden, though. Unless the pain gets worse, lasts for more than three days, or your knee begins to swell noticeably, or all of the above, your knee is probably just inflamed, and a few days of ice and not putting stress on it if you don't have to should make the pain go away.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 6:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't have knee pain but are you sure its not arthritis have you tried any of the creams like icy hot or bengay, I would try that and see if it helps
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I hope its not arthritis..I'm only 33. :(
    Ugh..along with aging comes so many undesirable effects,lol.
    I will put some ice on it tonight...thanks for the advice :)
    Anonymous

• witch hazel also makes a great home remedy sort of analgesic. I never liked the icy hot or bengay because they burned my skin and didn't really relieve the pain, but that could have just been me. I used to dance, and a teacher would recommend some form of witch hazel for just about every pain you can imagine. It comes in dissolvable pills (yuck) or a gel you apply to the sore area- leaves you smelling like tree sap, but it works. And tylenol or ibuprofen should help reduce both pain and inflammation.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2010