Does anybody know where to get eyeglasses with no insurance?

Glasses got broke. Can not see anything without them and I don't have any insurance. I live in Erie, pa if that helps any.

2004MAMA715

Asked by 2004MAMA715 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Walmart does glasses for pretty inexpensive.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If you have a copy of your prescription (you can get that from your last eye doctor), you can go to www.zennioptical.com and get glasses for under $20. The only problem is that it can take a couple of weeks to get them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Most optical stores have an optician on site, if you need an exam. Otherwise, they can read your prescription from your lenses. You may even be able to find a frame that fits your lenses.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• America's Best, if you have one.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Walmart has single vision glasses for $38

or try http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Not sure where you are at, but we have Binyons here in Oregon and they usually have a buy two pair for $99 sale going on.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sears also has the buy two pairs for $99.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My insurance covers nothing for glasses, I pay the full amount out of pocket and mine cost, at the very least, $350, because I have to have special lenses (not bi or tri focals, other stuff). Suck it up and pay for them. I go to a regular eye doctor, not any discount place. It's worth it for my eye health.
    Anonymous

• You need vision benefits. Ours start at $15 a month and cover everyone in the house for vision, hearing and more...

www.LowCostBenefitsPlans.com

If you aren't interested in benefits, talk to your doctor about getting your Rx. If you can get that the www.zennioptical.com is great. Their glasses are a good quality and start as low as just $8.

America's Best is also great. They have a doctor there and they usually offer something like 2 pair and an exam for less than $100

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I was also going to suggest http://www.39dollarglasses.com/index.html.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 8:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010