My 15 wk old girl will not sleep with out being swaddled, she is 14lbs and just kicks the blanket off and cant sleep! Help! How do i get her to sleep?

Volcomelissa

Asked by Volcomelissa at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swaddle her if she is use to it.
    Anonymous

• swaddleor get the sleeper blankets keep the room comftorable and light long sleeves she should be fine try light background music
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Use a sling or other carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I do swaddle her, but at night she wakes up every hour or so cuz she gets outta her swaddle, and if i dont swaddle her she moves and wakes her self up, i wanna not swaddle her but i wondering if anyone knows how to go about this
    Volcomelissa

Answer by Volcomelissa at 4:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i would think a couple of nights of not swaddling her and letting her cry it out would work or maybe when you first lay her down don't have her swaddled so if she moves she won't recognize that she isn't swaddled.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• TARGET
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• TARGET sells a swaddle blanket that velcros.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Get a larger blanket to swaddle so you can tuck it better.

I'm not an advocate of routines, but I believe in encouraging a baby to sleep anywere, anytime, under any condition, wherever yu happen to be. Start to practice during the day letting her sleep swaddled in different places in your house, half swaddled, and no swaddle. Any room you happen to be in, andy place you are, in your arms, in a infant chair that reclines, etc. (I don't recommend a swing). Don't let her cry though! You want to show her that it is safe.

Right now she wants to feel secure. When she's not swaddled she feels unsafe.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• There are some different swaddle blankets that velcro. Do some research online.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I used to swaddle my son when he was a newborn because thats how they had him sleepin in the hospital but when I came home I stopped swaddling and he has a different bedtime routine, I give him a bath, put on his pyjamas , and read him a book while rocking him and he goes to sleep everytime and sleeps until the next day, and if he does wake up i dont pick him up i either pat him lightly on the back ( he finds it soothing) or give him a bottle because most likely hes hungry and if hes not hungry i give him his pacifier
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2010