Need some advice on a 4 month old

OK moms out there....I have a 4 month old little girl! She does not take her naps very well, maybe 20 minutes or so if I am lucky! Well recently she has started waking up in her naps screaming! And when I go and console her she still screams! This can last up to an hr. I have tried everything! I have swaddled her, walked her, sang to her, you name it I have tried it!
Thought maybe she could be teething. She did have her 4 month old shots on Monday and did fine! But this started before her shots! Any suggestions would be great on why she may be waking up crying and screaming! It breaks my heart , I don't want her to be in any kind of pain!

Hsalmons

Asked by Hsalmons at 4:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teeth come to mind...any drooling or gnawing of hands?

Answer by gdiamante at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Hmmmm like you said maybe she's teething? I really like the Hylands teething tablets and the Orajel teething swabs. Good luck hun sorry I don't have any other advice!
    army_wifey_06

Answer by army_wifey_06 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• do you burp her everytime she eats? sometimes even if they let out a belch they still have gas in their tummies so if she wakes up screaming just talk to her in low tones let her know its ok that mommy is there, my son does the same thing he wakes up screaming and it takes a while for him to realize hes no longer dreaming and that everything is ok, he had colic when he was born but it stopped around 4 months, to stop the stomach pain I would drape him across my lap patting him on the back bouncing him a little with my legs and that seems to calm him down, I even do it now when he gets a little fussy, but just try everything , if the baby is using formula just try and make sure the formula is not hurting her stomach and if all else fails call her pediatrician
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thank you for all of your anwers!! I have been trying to narrow it down to what it could be! I am thinking either teething or she is not getting her naps out all the way! I have thought that she has had colic also since we brought her home from the hospital but everyone said it was her witching hour! So I am not really sure! I am hoping that she grows out of this soon! There are days that I want to pull my hair out! I have asked the doc but she just kinda skimmed over the question! Maybe I will call and talk with another doc! Again thank you!
    Hsalmons

Answer by Hsalmons at 8:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010