Anyone elses 1 year old very clingy toward you?

I love my little princess to pieces and just adore her.But man sometimes...I have to close my eyes and take a deep breath in because she is so clingy with me,it gets a little frustrating. She is constantly pulling on my legs or trying to climb up them to get me to hold her,she freaks if I leave a room,if I take a rest of the couch,she whines and pulls at me until I pick her up,and just in general she wants me to hold her all the time.
Any one else have this issue? What do you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son does the same thing, I actually put him in the stroller when I go to the bathroom and take him with me because he screams his head off if I leave him alone, so I understand what you are going through but hopefully its a phase that will pass once they get around other kids and start preschool or daycare
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sounds like a normal, happy one year old!!
    The only real solution is to relax and enjoy it. It will pass soon enough. I know it is corny and cheesey to say, but she is only little for such a short amount of time.
    My son is 15 months and is still in that phase. Luckily, I can depend on DH to occasionally entertain DS for a few minutes. For the most part you have to conscientiously think about your priorities. Which is more important? Your daughter or the dirty dishes? The house work will always be there waiting for you, but your daughter needs you the most now in her life.
    Wait until she is 15, then you will long for the days she wanted to spend time with you : )
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 4:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Lol my son is like that. I just try to enjoy it because I know that someday he's going to want me to drop him off a block away from school because he's embarrassed to be seen with his Mom lol
    Moonwhispers

Answer by Moonwhispers at 6:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010