shipping info

I have a baby shower gift I need to ship to my best friend who lives in another state. Its a couple of outfits and things like that. I do not ever ship packages, so I have no idea what to do. Is it cheaper to buy a box or something at Walmart then take it to the post office and pay for postage? or do I just go to the post office, ask them for a box, fill it up then ship it? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• You can ship it in a flat rate box, you can get it from the post office. Or you can buy your own box, and print/pay for a label off UPS.com
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If it's not much that you are trying to ship you can get a flat rate box. If you go to USPS.com you can check prices.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 5:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• get your own box and put the stuff in it, address it and take it to the PO. Tell them to send it the cheapest way possible. If it is under 13 oz that would be 1st class.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If it is not a huge box, go to the post office and get a pre paid box. It is a flat rate and you can put in as much as needed, no wieght applies. My children are away in the military and I ship all the time and believe it or not the post office is the most reasonable and very reliable.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2010