Who watches your kids at night while you are sleeping?

I see moms here getting all upset when they hear about someone leaving their sleeping infant in the house while they walk across the street to get the mail or walk one house down to the older child's bus stop. The moms who say they would never do that are afraid something would happen, like a house fire.

So, who watches their children while they are sleeping? Couldn't something just as easily happen at night while the mom is sleeping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• popcornHere it comes....

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Hopefully mine are sleeping while I sleep at night, lol.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Well, I think their thinking is; when it's at night you can hear the baby cry, move around, etc, but when the mother is not in the house, they can't hear the baby do any of those things. Just a "I want to be there for my baby 24/7" thing I guess.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 5:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Big differences from being in the house and being away from the house.
    Anonymous

• braden is my son..pass that popcorn over here lmao
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• What if they take the baby monitor with them to the mailbox? They can still hear them that way can't they?
    Anonymous

• I don't walk across the street or to the neighbor's house to the bus stop - mostly because I have no need to. But sometimes when my daughter is napping I hang out in the backyard with the dogs. I lock the front door and bring the monitor with me. If she wakes up or cries I go get her and bring her outside with us. Eh, if someone doesn't agree with that, too damn bad. What do I care?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think people are way too overprotective these days. This wouldn't have been an issue 30 years ago because people weren't quite so paranoid back then.

Anonymous

• I love to put the kids to bed in the summer then have neighbors over to sit on the back porch and drink margaritas, play cards, listen to music, and have adult time; my front door is locked and they are fine and if someone has a problem with that behavior they are overprotective and living a boring life..

Anonymous

• I have left my youngest 2 sleeping when I walk to the mailbox. I lock my door when I do it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 5:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2010