Dilated to 2, 60 percent effaced

I was dilated to one and 50% effaced 4 days ago.Now I am dilated to 2 and 60% effaced.This is my second pregnancy and I am currently 37 weeks and 6 days. I delivered my daughter when i was 36 weeks.This time it is a boy.I just wonder how long can you stay dilated to 2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Weeks, sometimes even months lol. That's why vaginal exams in late pregnancy are totally pointless.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• weeks, or months. I was dialated 3cm for the last 6 weeks of my third and second pregnancies.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I've even heard of women dilated to 4 for weeks before delivering. Doctors don't really check that as a gauge of when you'll go into labor; it's more to make a woman feel like she's progressing. The more important thing they are checking for is how soft your cervix is. A softer cervix is more likely to dilate.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• weeks or months, but in your case i would say you have less than 4 weeks left :) good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010