How do I get my 7yr old son to stopping having accidents at school?

I have had a problen with him wetting the bed at night . He went through kinder and did just great. But this year he started 1st grade and suddenly he began coming home wet at first I thought he was just not wanting to go for the fear of stopping to play with his friends bit then he started doing it at home and now I don't know what to think is he being lazy or is there something really wrong . Well now not only does he wet the bed at night but also through out the day I'm not sure what route to take.

lchernan

Asked by lchernan at 6:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would ask the teacher what time bathrooms breaks are and if they are allowed to go during class. or take him to his doc and see if he may have some time of bladder problem. i'm sure everything will work out ok
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Take him to the doctor first to rule out any problems causing this. If everything's fine, he's old enough to be told. Then talk to his teacher about making sure he's using the bathroom frequently enough. If he still just can't get it, you may have to try using the overnight pants for older kids - I'd think the potential humiliation of that would be enough to get him to use the toilet if he doesn't have any health issues. But start with a doctor's appointment, soon.
    Anonymous

• there could be something medically going on. I would call the dr and get him in to be seen and tell the dr you want him checked because for xlong you have not had potty training issues and now he wets his pants all the time, not just at night. I would also talk to your son and ask why he wet his pants. third I would talk to the teacher about how often they are allowed to go and see about him going more often. Good luck. My 7yr old(in second grade) did this this year when she was put in the corner for bad behavior. she was going to do anything to get out of the corner. She also did it last year during a test because she was told that she had to wait until after the test to go since the class just had a bathroom break and she played in the water instead of going potty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2010