Is it safe to ride a 4-wheeler while ur pregnant... (8wks)

southernbelle8

Asked by southernbelle8 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as you go slowly on it, i don't see a problem with it. it's just like being in a car..perhaps a bit bumper. As far as I know, it is.
    Anonymous

• until between 14-16 weeks the baby is still encased within your pelvis. It is perfectly safe, have fun!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think that it would depends greatly on the terrain that you are traveling and how fast you plan on going. You are a bit more protected in a car then on a four wheeler. The only protection from anything that you have on a four wheeler is a helmet and if you hit a root or a hole your four wheeler could flip and send you flying. So no I don't think that it is similar to a car. But with that being said I think that it is a judgment call. You know how safe you are and if it something that you feel comfortable with. If something wound up happening would you now blame yourself for forever? Is it worth it. I have been four wheeling while pregnant but was always extra careful and I tried to keep it around 30 mphs or less that is just where I felt more comfortable. I would also discuss it with your dh/df/db because it is their baby too and if it is something they are totally against than their opinion should matter.
    Anonymous

• It's not something I would feel safe to be doing while pregnant... just give your ob doctor a call and ask to make sure before you do.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• NOOOOOO~~~ i did when i was ten wks preggo..im talkin i rode around on a smooth driveway and around the front yard..and i ended up spotting for days! I was so scared i was going to miscarry..so now worth the risk and worry the dr told me not to be on one again until after birth...
    Anonymous

• babys daddy grounded me from it ; ( but i do sneek a ride sometimes! i am 21 weeks and ride occasionaly with my daughter on smooth terrain! Buy a support brace just to be on the safe side i know some ppl who have riddin up til 8 moths just be cautious wear a brace watch your speed and dont put urself in a situation were u can flip it or fall off
    Anonymous