Has anyone had a really long "period" longer than 3 weeks??

Ok so I've had my "period" since Feb 10,2010 it is now mach 10,2010...i have a very heavy flow does not seem to be going away, no pain, no weird smells just a lot of bleeding. Has anyone had this before, is it bad?? or is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• if you didnt just have a baby and you are not in menopause..... could you have a tubule pregnancy that has ripped and is hemorrhaging???

I would go to the dr asap

Anonymous

• No didn't just have a baby, i'm 26 so too early for menopause i think...no sign of being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• The longest I have ever had a period for was 10 days. That is not normal, definitley give your doctor a call.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I started my last period on June 14th 2001 and it finished on August 29th 2001 when I had my hysterectomy.  I had fibroids.  You should see a doctor.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had bleeding like that several times usually it had to do with poly cystic ovary syndrome. (PCOS) It can cause prolonged heavy bleeding due to insuffcient input of hormones or excess of hormones from an ovary(s) that are not functioning properly. Are your periods normally real regular or more irregular? Any thing like TTC over 1 yr with no luck, skin tags?? You said you had no pain. No abdominal discomfort at all? What about low back pain? If you have any pain the risks of it being something like fibroids or ectopic are greater. You need to call your GYN and make an appt.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had a period that lasted three months one time. It was extremely heavy too. I went to the doctor and he told me it was stress related, I was under stress. He gave me some hormone pills to stop the bleeding. It stopped, but only for the week I was on it. As soon as I went off I started bleeding like crazy again. I went back and he said to try meditating. UGH! Finally when the thing I was stressed out about resolved, my period went away. Then it went back to normal.
    My doc said that when he worked in big city project areas, he would see a lot of women bleed like that because of the stress they were under.
    I think it is worth a trip to the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• have you had a tubal? happened to me several times after I had one
    Anonymous

• I second the PCOS thing- I had that- a period for 6 weeks, then nothing for 3 months. Any abnormal bleeding or irregular cycles are worth a trip to the doctor. I didn't believe that either until I went, and he said I should have been in as soon as it became irregular.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• In '05. I had one for 3 months! Then in '09. I had dysfunctional bleeding for 4months straight. I was unbearable. Wanting to Die! Dysfunctional Bleeding! I didn't get decent Care since I don't have insurance! I hope you get some Relief. Anything can happen! Hope you get this straightened out! Maybe your homones are out of wack. Or some birth control.But please get some good care! Hope you feel better soon. I care! Best of Luck.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I use to have heavy 2.5week periods every 2 weeks. There was nothing wrong, it just happened that way. But that's different, I've never heard of a month long period.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 11:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2010