Can my 9 mo old eat scrambled eggs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd caution you to wait. We have no history of allergies in my family and my son is anaphylactic to eggs. Not having a family history is not a guarantee that he won't react, it just cuts his chances. If you've ever seen an anaphylactic food reaction, especially in a baby, you wouldn't even consider it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I would be scared of choking..I would wait till they have teeth and are over a year old.
    Anonymous

• Yes, they have to be 1 yr. old to eat egg.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Due to eggs being a high allergy threat the recommended age is after 1. I believe you can give the egg yolk tho. I did offer my daughter scambled yolk at about 11 months and she was fine. It is a soft food and not really a choking hazard...just the allergy thing is the problem.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yes i would feed him that as long as you don't have any allergies to them
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Your baby CAN eat scrambled eggs. But SHOULD he/she? Eggs whites are a high allergy threat. Yolks are not. So if you really want to give your baby eggs - try scrambling just the yolk. Of course, you can give baby the whole egg if you want - but be sure to look for signs of allergic reaction.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Thanks...we'll probably just hold off until he's a year, or closer to a year.
    Anonymous

• Yes, they are soft enough.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My son is 9 months old and has been eating them for over a month.... he loves them and has had no problem with choking.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• They can't eat egg white until they turn one. The yolks are fine.
    AllisaMyJoy

Answer by AllisaMyJoy at 7:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010