sick baby please help?

so my daughter is 4months old she has had a stuffy nose for awile now but that never bothered her now she has started coughing (btw me and daddy are both sick) today she has only had 5 oz since 11 this morning when she normally would have had 10 to 15 oz by now she will not eat she cries and screams when we try to get her to eat its making me sooo sad. BUT she is acting normal laughing smiling and all that and doesnt have a temp? i just dont know what to do cuz i wish she would eat. she might have a sore throat. should i take her to the doctor 2morrow? my mo told me not to worry babies just have days when they dont wnat to eat and as long as she is getting some fluids and peeing shes ok. and not to worry to much.

thankssssss

douellette

Asked by douellette at 7:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have a sore throat then chances are, she probably does too and that may be why shes not taking in so much formula. I went through that with my daughter too...and I was sick as well at the time and I figured she had a sore throat too..and I was right. I took her to the doctor, her throat was reddend and inflamed. The biggest thing to watch for is her pee diapers, as long as she is putting out urine...if she goes a full 12 hours without a pee diaper and she is still not taking in the fluids, I would give doc another call and take her in. Hope you all feel better soon! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• As long as she is having enough wet diapers then it's good. Watch out for RSV in babies it's very dangerous. I would take her in for the cough.
    Anonymous

• if you are worryed go ahead and take he rin tomorrow.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I would take her in just because i had a child with RSV. A worried momma ='s doctors.
    Anonymous

• First off dont always listen to mom, my mom is the same way and always gives me advie but I end up doing what I feel is best. If I were in your shoes I would take the safer road and take her into the doctor just to be sure theres nothing else wrong cause my son is the exact same way, he will run fever and smile and play as if nothing were wrong. Also at this age they arent as pickky about eating so if shes not drinking even half of what she normaly does then I would be concerened. Also sometimes you have to watch doctors and question them as well because when my son was only 2 he was sick with cold like symptoms and we kept getting sent home for about a week cause the doctor said it was just a virus. Well when he hit 105.6 temp It was all over with, I was getting answers that night. We rushed him to a special er that had a pediatric unit and after hours of test and my son being tortured having a catheder stuck up him we found
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• cont.... out he had phnemonia. They had him on an IV for a while and he was then treated with the spray that they give asma patients along with a couple of other antibiotics. So you listen to your gut feeling expecially when it comes to your children and you better believe we changed doctors the next day. I didnt care how irratating I was to that doctor because I was going to keep bringing him in untill I got ansswers but sadly it had to come down to my son almost having a seizure befor I could get any answers from his fever being so high.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• thanks for all the advice girls!! i called the doc. this morning im just waiting for them to call me back to set up a apoitment i dont like how her cough is sounding and shes still not eating much so hopefully well get some answers.
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 7:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010