Is anyone on here a fosterparent? I was thinking of doing it in the future and perhaps adopting.

I know I can't adopt them all, maybe one but I really want to help and be there for these children, even if it's for a little while. Anyone doing this or have done it? How would I get it started?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I did foster/adopt. It was through a private agency than runs the program for the state. So I had a foster care license, I had to take the classes, do a home study. But the only children they would place with me are ones that they intended for me to adopt. One of the kids ended up going home after a year because the state lost their case against the mom. Each state runs things differently so I would contact social services and ask them about it. They should have some kind of informational classes about fostering every once in a while.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2010