VERY worried, please answer quickly.

My sons soft spot looks .. for lack of a better word.. poofy. He isn't acting funny, but he just got vaccines yesterday and has been running a temp around 101.3, it's down to 100.3 now. I noticed it when I was cleaning off his cradle cap, and I'm scared either - 1) I hurt him when cleaning off his head, I used baby oil and a baby comb, that is what I was told to use - or 2) something is going wrong with the vaccines. It isn't red or anything, but its never poofed out. Is this normal?!

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 7:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Swollen--- ER, NOW!
    Slightly raised... It can wait until you talk to your ped..but keep a watchful eye.

Good luck mommy.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I would def call the doc
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• call the office - but it is prob not vax related
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yeah just take him to the doctor as soon as you can but call now.
    AllisaMyJoy

Answer by AllisaMyJoy at 8:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• OP - My doctors office is closed, and the stupid hospital said they can't even tell me weather or not to bring him in. I don't have a car my husband is at work.. what should I do? :'(
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You won't feel better about it until he is looked at. Do you have a carseat for him and can you call a cab maybe?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I'd say ER just to be safe. Especially since he just got the vaccinations. Is there family or friends that could take you? I hope you figure it out - Good luck.
    BrigiAnne

Answer by BrigiAnne at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Is there a nurse on call number in the US (I'm in Australia so not sure) call them if possible - Is he acting normal otherwise, making eye contact and smiling, eating and drinking normally Holding his head normally??? If all else is normal, and it is just a bit poofy I don't think you have a problem. As you said you've never 'noticed' it before. If you haven't really looked at this spot, especially when his fuzzy hair is combed it can look scary or weird but if your little boy is happy all is well. Babies with brain injuries are usually pale, not eating or drinking, listless, slow to respond. If it gets any bigger, or red ( you have to stop combing it and touching it LOL) you should go IMMEDIATELY to the nearest ER
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010