I have a one year old and I am expecting a new baby in the next few weeks. Should I buy a crib for my newborn too. Or should I just get him a really nice playpen sleeper than when he turns one an she turns 2 let him move intot he crib and get her a toddler bed?

AllisaMyJoy

Asked by AllisaMyJoy at 7:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Time for a big kid bed!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• get the 1 yr old a toddler bed now before baby is born so she has a little bit of time to get used to it before baby is in her crib.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• bassenette for new and keep your 1y/o baby in the crib,when your new one outgrows it then worry about it
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Were due to have another baby when our daughter is 18 months..so we've been wondering the same thing as you,lol. This is what we've decided so far9 cause I will probably be changing my mind a hundred times lol)...were going to use the bassinet for a few months because I like the newborns to sleep in our room for the first few months anyway and by the time the newest baby is ready to go into a crib, hopefully our 1 year old will be ready for a toddler bed.
    We were going to buy another crib but after thinking about it..I thought it might just be a waste of money because I'd have to turn around in s few months and buy a toddler crib anyway.
    Anyhow...hope my babble has been helpful to you,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• We put our 13 month old on a mattress on the floor. We couldn't afford a toddler bed at the time but we didn't want him to think later that the baby was taking his crib. So we actually switched him to the mattress around 12 months so he had time to get used to it.
    Anonymous

• well I have a daughter that is almost two and I know that if I put her into a toddler bed.... yeah she'd be into everything. Keep yourself sane and buy another crib. The conveinence(sp) of that is, most cribs come as a 3 in one.... crib-toddler-bed-full.... later in the future you will only have to buy 2 full mattresses or you can sell to buy twin beds :) Not all 2 yr olds are ready for a big kid bed, so you can adjust to when YOUR child is ready. Only you know if shes ready. Also, at this age I still like to put DD in her crib to play while I jump in the shower and while she naps. Keeps her safe and not into everything she can get her hands on.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 8:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• time to transition to a nice toddler bed. bring your LO shopping with you to choose their new big kid bed & let him choose some really nice bed sheets & a bear. make it a fun experience with bed time stories & tucking blankies in.. etc. good luck and congratulations!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 8:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I moved DD into a twin bed with a bed rail around 18 mos. She did well. She was 22 mos when DS was born.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• When my daughter was a year and I was about to have my son, I bought her a big girl bed. It is a toddler bed that has plastic rails around it so they don't roll out. Then I used the crib for the baby. She was VERY excited about having a big girl bed. The only thing I had problems with was her sneaking out of it while I was sleeping and getting into things. So I kept the bed in my room with me and after about 2 weeks, she was sleeping through the night on it.
    DionC

Answer by DionC at 9:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• we put our kids in a toddler bed when they turned 1. I would say just get a toddler bed for the one year old and get the crib ready for your new baby.
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010