Could this be the change?

I'm 29, the mom of 3. Since I had my son nearly 3 yrs ago I have had SEVERELY heavy periods. Doctors say it's normal, no biggie. I had my last monthly less than 2 weeks ago. My monthly was gone an entire week, then I start spotting. Nothing even heavy enough to show up on a pad, just when I wipe. I had a tubal when I had my son. So I don't think it's implantation bleeding. But what is it? I have also been getting hot really easily, walking from one room to another will cause me to break out in a sweat. My moods have been off for awhile, but I'm bi-polar, so its kinda normal. It's the spotting that concerns me. No one in my family has gone through the change this early but my mom still thinks it might be. So I'm asking for others opinions, after all the more input the better we all are. Thanks so much for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• Mm, not sure that's early menopause. I'd be more inclined to think it's thyroid.
    D.Mary

Answer by D.Mary at 8:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• you're too young for menopause - unless it's early menopause.
    but my vote is on the tubal- I had one about 11 years ago and I've had problems like that ever since!
    Sounds nuts I"m sure, but I'd see about getting it reversed sooner than later- no kidding!
    Anonymous

• i had my youngest child 2 and a half years ago and i have 4 other biological kids i have always noticed the further away from each birth my periods get worse and worse heavier bleeding more pain and moodiness increases i havent had any spotting in between periods though so i am not sure (the hot flashes i blame on being heavier lol fat girls dont get cold)
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 1:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Sweetie Im 41 and I am not even pre menopausal... I so wish I was. But, I have % kids, could have had more but had miscarriages, some very far along. I really think you should make an appt with the doc. and go and get your thyroid checked. Sounds like your moods and your hot and your cold flashes could be related to that. Usually with manopause your periods dont get heavy, they dont change, they arent all over...every month they just get a little lighter and a little lighter and they go away. YAY! The day we all are looking forwad to...HERE-HERE! Please go get your thyroid checked. I had some problems at exactly your age, they were a little bit scary and Im not gonna go into detail because my intention here is not to scare you but to help. You sound like a woman who is in touch with your body so go and have a good talk with your doc. and if you dont get to the bottom of it then find another doctor. Good Luck, really....
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Could be ovarian cysts or fibroids,even. See a gynecologist about your symptoms.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well, 29 seems a little young, but it is not impossible. Funny thing about menopause is that it doesn't have a specific age range attached to it. I've heard that the younger you are when you have children, the earlier it will start. There are 35 sure fired symptoms of menopause. I'd check to see if I was having any of the other symptoms. Your doctor can do bloodwork to tell if you are or not. Good luck.
    bjfreeman1

Answer by bjfreeman1 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2010