How can I get my 3 month old daughter to like tummy time?

She likes it for a couple minutes then starts fussing. I put toys in front of her, and talk to her but it doesn't matter.

BrigiAnne

Asked by BrigiAnne at 8:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just give her time, you really cannot force a 3 mon. old to do anything. lol
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yeah there's nothing you can do to make her like it. it helps to build muscles in the arms and helps the core. I'd say if after three minutes she's really fussy pick her up for a few then put her down again .
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• my son never liked tummy time.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 9:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Try the colourful mats with the toys that hang from them. They have mirrors and stuff that might catch her attention. As time goes on she'll get better with it, regardless of what you try. I was lucky with my twins they would lift their heads to look at eachother lol.
    Anonymous

• Keep trying. DD turns 4 months 2morow and really didnt get around to liking tummy time until a few weeks ago. Your doing great just dont give up on it.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Just continue to follow her cues. When she gets stronger she'll like it or might not.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010