Is it normal for a 25 (almost 26) year old to be getting hot flashes?

Ever since my youngest son (he's 18 months) was born, I've been getting hot flashes. They don't happen all the time, but when they do, I'm dying of heat! I probably get them once a week or so...is that normal? What could be causing it?

Stinababalina

Asked by Stinababalina at 9:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• Are you on any meds? My doc put me on savella and it gave me really bad hot flashes.
    Anonymous

• Nope...no meds
    Stinababalina

Answer by Stinababalina at 9:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Hot flashes are the result of an estrogen surge.  I used to get them sometimes when I was on the pill and when I was breastfeeding.  Now I'm menopausal so they're a way of life.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Go to the doctor, get your hormones checked. Also get your Thyroid checked, it is most likely your thyroid. Even at 25, it was mine.
    mxmomma05

Answer by mxmomma05 at 6:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'm 26 and I get them really bad before my period comes-it is my hormones, but in your case go to the doctors and get blood work done in order to rule out what's causing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2010