i found my motivation to lose weight....I'd love to read some inspirational success stories

I am about 169'ish lbs, and tonight was shown a photo from years ago (pre-baby) when I was 145 lbs. I look sooo different and I have decided to take my weight loss seriously. I will be doing pilates every morning and try to eat healthier, maybe even go back to vegetarianism. I am a size 14 and my goal is to be a size 12 by the end of April. Oh and I looked at a bmi chart, I am literally 1 point away from "obese" for my height, 5'4". So yes...I am determined to be healthy again! My back aches easily and I dont have as much energy (could have something to do with my toddler also lol)

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• oh and is that goal of mine ideal and pretty easy to reach since it's only about 1 month away?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• is my goal doable though? Maybe I should reword my goal. Instead of a goal by pant sizes, my goal should be weight. Like 10 lbs by the end of april....is THAT an ideal goal in your opinion?
    and anon 9:37 that is a very determined goal! I wish you luck and YES...we CAN do it! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I'm determined to just be more fit in 7 weeks... pre (first) baby I was 140... that was 7 years ago. I'm currently 5 lbs over the
    limit" into the obese category at 184 lbs.. my brother is getting married on the beach in 7 weeks, so my goal is to look good enough to not feel like a beached whale when I show up at his wedding.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• 24 lbs in 1 months is a bit much
    I lost 20 in 3 months, slacked a few months, and now @25 in 6 months
    trying to loose 47 more

mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Good for you! Replacing meat with legumes; replacing simple grains with whole grains; drinking lots of water and eating lots of fruit and vegetables will help you get to and maintain an ideal weight, increase your energy, build up your immune system, and help you sleep better!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• well i need to lose 20 lb. but i started working out 10 days ago and already lost almost4 inches on my body. only lost 1 lb though but im starting to tone up so im not watching the scale anymore. im starting to get skinnier by the day.. i posted pics on my page if you wana see after 5 days..im uploading a new pic tomorrow
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Good for you! I think many of us are in the same boat. You see pics and it's like "what happened"????
    When I started menopause I gained 20 lbs and nothing would get rid of it .. then I found a great program and made some lifestyle changes and the weight started coming off. FINALLY !

You can read a lot of success stories and also join a "chat group" that will help get and keep you motivated on my website.
    Just click "Join the Club" ... it's FREE to join and can help give you the motivation and inspiration I need.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• yeah, i think the 10 lbs. would be a better goal for a month.
    when i was a senior in hs i weighed about 300lbs. (i'm 5'10). when i went to college i lost about 20lbs. freshman year simply bc i had to walk all around campus lol. i went on a diet the summer before sophmore year. i started counting calories (1200 calories a day) and doing low impact aerobics (think richard simmons lol). i'm really lazy so that's about all the exercise i could do. once a week i had off from my diet where i could eat whatever i wanted, and i worked out 5 days a week. it took me like a year i think but i lost 125 lbs. that way. now i have 3 kids and after each kid i lost my baby weight within 6 months by getting back on this diet. the only difference is now i bf and i am lazy so i exercise less lol. i must admit that i have lost all my baby weight with this last baby but i am still like 30 lbs. from my ideal weight. i moved away from my family
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• and gained weight about 3 years ago. but still 30lbs. out of 125 is not that bad lol. plus my body changed after i had kids and i think that's permanent (i went from a barely b cup to a dd lol). but overall i have been able to keep the weight off and now that i'm done having kids i'm determined to be a milf lmao. you can do it..... what i think about when i want to slip is that i don't want to die young like my mom did. she died of a heart attack from being obese. she never got to see me graduate from college, get married, never met any of her 5 grandkids..... i am determined to see all of that stuff (God willing lol). gl and it's hard i know but if you need help you can pm me and i'll try my best to encourage you!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My dr said I'll die (from a heart condition) if I don't get the weight off. That's my incentive. I lost 50 and have more to go but at my age it's coming off slower than I'd like.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2010