baby moving from the outside

ok so i'm 5 months pregnant. i have felt my baby move but i can only feel her kicking from the outside when i put my hand on my stomach, is that weird...i feel like i should be feeling it from the inside...for the record the baby's totally healthy, i had a check up a few days ago...i'm skinny too, i don't know if thats a factor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i felt my son kick from the inside at like 14 weeks and the outside at 16 weeks..im not sure what your meaning but its normal to feel them from the outside at 5 months
    Anonymous

• what i mean is i only feel her from the outside...not the inside
    Anonymous

• It could be the way she is positioned inside you... or the way your uterus is positioned.... so don't worry
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Often times when I felt the baby move, from the inside, I would mistake it for gas or hunger pains. Of course, as the baby got bigger, the movement from the inside was difficult to ignore. Being skinny isn't a factor, to my knowledge.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have a friend who never felt a kick her whole pregnancy, she would put a cup of water on the belly to reassure herself that the baby was okay in the end! The bonus for her was that her labour was bizarrely low pain, just uncomfortable. Don't worry, and look for ways for you to monitor the baby's movements (like the clear cup of water) so you can be assured she is okay in there.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2010