I really wanna add either an enclosed deck or sunroom to my house

Has anyone ever done this? like a sunroom/enclosed deck. I live in OR its not cold cold here but not warm so I though this would be perfect anyways was hoping someone had done this, or know someone that has.. could give me a ballpark on what im looking at money wise and what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It depends on how much work you are putting into the project. Roof extension, or support extension? Windows or screens, screened homemade doors or quality vinyl coating? These things make a huge difference. We recently put a porch on the front of the house with extensions from the roof rafters with a 32X 16 covered space, new shingles, vinyl and ceiling fans, lighting cement $7000. On the back we did a sunroom 40 x 16 with roof rafter extensions, new shingles, vinyl siding, lighting, cement, ceiling fans, brick steps to the house, vinyl security door and vinyl windows that are unbreakable with screens. $9000. And this included addition to the rooftop of the fiberglass insulation. It took about 3 weeks crews working everyday.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• We had our screen porch enclosed with windows. It was an existing concrete slab with a roof already over it, so if you need that done too, I couldn't guess on the cost. But we had the screens taken out and acrylic windows and screens put in. We had a glass storm door put on too and altogether for what we did cost us $1500.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Did you figure out a solution? I know that depending on your area, there are companies that will look at your specific situation (your house, what you want, and your price range) and provide you with a free estimate. I know that some offer financing options as well.
    Anonymous

Aweidenaar

Answer by Aweidenaar at 1:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010