So... 5 dates, no kiss

5 dates in 3 weeks, lots of texing and communication (not daily but often enough) and no kiss... Thoughts? Is he just not romantically interested in me? Just friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you linger a moment at the end of the date to create that window of opportunity and give him a sign that you want to?
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post- I'd like to hear how it goes- PM me :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It sounds like you 2 have different sexual desire/ etiquette. You don't keep going out with someone and maintaining contact if you don't want to pursue the relationship, so obviously, he likes you.

Either make a move on him or move on to a guy who has the same ideas about dating and kissing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• ask him about it. be open- either say why wont you kiss me, or just go in for the kiss. maybe he's too shy to "make the first move"
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• no don't move on! I want to hear what happens with this guy :)

I hope it works out-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sounds like friends to me

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Okay here is the low-down :)
    #1st date Valentines Day: He shows up with chocolate and a Twilight card (I hate Twilight and he knew it- being cute) I know, awwwwww.
    #2 He met with a friend and me after she and I saw a movie, he passes the 1st friend test.
    #3 We went to see a movie, it was snowing and he walked me to my car and then came back to offer to sweep off the car for me, I know... awwww... sweet again. But no kiss... just a hug
    #4 Bowling, I got a terrible score LOL, and then we went to have and drink and he took me back to my car. Got a hug in the car and he waited until I got my car started and left before he left.
    #5 Met up for a coffee during the day- again hug...
    We talk on the phone ever few days and text every other day or so. He makes time to call me even when he is working late at the office (and talks to me for like an hour!) Compliments me, when we are in a noisy place he will talk in my ear... WTH!!!!
    Anonymous

• maybe he is intimidated. my husband didn't kiss me for a few dates and then one day i just did it out o nowhere. it wasn't planned it just happened. my said that he planned on kissing me that very day since he wanted to but never had the guts to do it sooner. i'm pretty sure it was at least 5 dates if not more. although i had no doubts he really liked me. i say just keep at it. what do you have to loose. you get free meals or to have fun so if it turns out he just needs a friend then if you want dump him then. thing is even men who just want to be friends would kiss you so i would have to think he is intimidated and waiting for the perfect time or place. maybe he doesn't know his feelings for you yet either.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My husband didn't make a move until I said, "Where's my kiss?" just before he was going to walk away, he sorta hesitated, took a step back, and then turned back, I could tell he wasn't sure whether or not he should, so I had to say something to let him know that I wanted to. Then he had a huge grin on his face as did I, so cute! That was our 3rd date.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he's insecure about his breath?
    Anonymous