Are boob jobs slutty?

Are you a slut if you get breast implants? Another question prompted me to ask this. My husband thinks women who get boob jobs only do it for male attention. Is he right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm on the fence about it. I don't think they're necessarily "slutty", but when I see a woman with huge, unnatural looking honeydew melons sitting on her chest, I wonder about her self-esteem. I know a lot of women say it's for themselves, but lets be real here...why would bigger boobs make you feel better about yourself? Do your breasts encapsulate who you are? Don't you really feel better about yourself because you know that now your breasts measure up to society's male-driven standard of beauty?

On the other hand, sometimes women have oddly shaped, lopsided breasts or lose their breasts due to sickness or change in size after pregnancy and I can see why they would want their old body back. In these cases I think it's fine as long as it's natural looking and not overdone in size. Ok...I'm done with my rant.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• honestly I would have to agree with your DH on this one sorry.....
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I want a boob job for me. I never knew how much a kid would do to you, im 20 I want 20 year old boobs back. Also, boob jobs arnt slutty its the clothes women wear after the job that makes them slutty.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I posted that question and no I dont think they are slutty. I think it would make me feel better about MYSELF. Not better because some guy would no longer be able to look me in the face. Also, it depends how the woman carries herself. Sure if you can almost see her nipples then, she could be(is) slutty. If you go with a decent size and carry yourself properly, no I dont think your slutty at all.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Some boob jobs look really good. Some look really painful. It's really a case by case thing. I personally wouldn't take the risk, and I know it hurts really bad post-op for about a week. But go for it if you want it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No I don't think they are slutty. Now if you decide to get DD's then I would have to say that that is a little unnessary and slutty. But going from an A to a C isn't bad, or just getting them lifted and reshaped isn't slutty at all. I'm sure I'd feel a lot more confident if I got a boob job but the risks out weigh the rewards in my opinion. I'd rather wear push-up, padded, bras then possibly have breast cancer they don't detect in time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i don't understand women who get implants....i'm a size 2 and i have natural 32ddds that i've had since middle school.....it's awful...i have back problems, they are so heavy to carry around....i'd want a reduction just to save my back, i can't imagine why women pay up to $16,000 to go through that...not to mention fake boobs look awful...but a lot do it because of self esteem issues...there are plenty of men, the decent ones, who like all sizes of boobs
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't think its slutty. I'm pregnant with my 4th child. I've breastfed my other 3 kids and plan on bfing this one too. If I weren't such a wimp when it comes to pain, I would get a breast lift to put the girls back where they're supposed to be. :) I wouldn't do it for men though, I would do it for me.
    Shaye_e

Answer by Shaye_e at 10:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010