McDonald's Playlands?

I want to take my 21 month old to one of those McDonald Playland things, but I've never been to one before and don't know to expect. Can someone give me a heads-up? Is there stuff for toddlers his age to play with? Do you have to purchase something from McD's in order to enter the Playland?

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have been taking my 3 year old there since before she was a year old. But until recently I had to go through the tubes with her.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Im sure they wont kick you out for not buying anything, but its not like they are a public park, I would just buy a drink. There is slides and places to crawl around. I would bring some sanitizer wipes those places are filthy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• far as I know you don't have to buy anything- but maybe that depends of who's working. Such as do they care or not.
    from what I've seen they can all be different.
    I took mine to one when she wasn't much older- there was a small slide for little kids-

Just be careful about older kids possibly being rough- but you can see the kid in most of it.
    though I did have to come up and rescue her when she was 'stuck' she tried to go down the slide and then just stopped-
    did I mention that I am extremely claustrophobic? was quite a day
    Anonymous

• no you don't have to buy anything to play. Often when just going to play we will grab a drink or just do a sudae they are so cheap! Now in my are we have 2 McDonalds play type areas. One is more for toddlers at the newer ones and they are like indoor mall play areas. They have a sm slide some car type things to get into and animal figures to climb on and over. The older ones have slides where the kids go up and like tunnels to crawl through. My son at 21 mos (my oldest) would go up those and NOT come down! So we didn't do them too much till he was older. My girls are more daring and even my 23mos old has been up them and just has a blast. We don;t go often its like a treat because I hate eating at McDonalds but I take the kids like every other month and let them play. Personally to me their are germs everywhere and kids are resilent so I don't forbid them in my house. The toddler ones are more sanitary though! Well around here
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the location of the playland, some can be dirty some are rather nice. Try a few different ones out and every playland is different, but yeah the kids can get rowdy so you have to keep an eye out for that. Also one thing i have noticed is that if you go there in the evening there seems to be more loud talking and swearing...during the day it's typically quiet. Just my observation
    Anonymous

• you do need to buy something to use the play land. my youngest does fine in it and he has fun. only thing is that I know that about 2-7 days later one of the kids will be sick as someone allways picks up something there... but eh, its life. they have fun.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2010