What tanning lotion would you recomend for me?

I have strawberry blond/ red'ish hair, and is, as such, quite white...I would like to get a bit color now that spring is near, but don't wan't to use tanning beds both due to cancer risk and also I tend to get burned - so I was thinking Tanning lotion !
Problem is I don't want to be orange or stain all my clothes...

Any suggestions ?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Mystic Tan is great. You need to go to the tanning salon to get it though and it can be a little bit expensive. Costs around $30 for an application which will last about 5 days. I love Clarins. Looks natural and goes on really evenly. I didn't have streaking at all. Also there is a body make-up (does not come off on clothes) called Perfekt that gives and AMAZING glow. Love, love, love it! But it washes off when you take a shower. Both of them are on Sephora.com.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I prefer the Jergens daily one that tans you very gradually. Because it's very gradual, there's no streaking. not orangey either. Get the light one
    Anonymous

• do the spray tan at the tanning salon. Anything you buy at the store is going to look bad. I can speak from experience. You can build up your tan in the tanning bed also by doing just 5 min at a time. You don't have to tan a lot if you worried about skin cancer
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree with Anon. If you are very fair, the self tanners are probably a no-no for you. Anyone that I have ever met that was fair and used those self-tanners, always looked orange. It is just not formulated for fair skin. The Jergens gradual lotion is probably your best bet. It just give you a subtle glow without being too intense.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I am very fair and I use the Jergens Light Medium. It really works and its the nly one that isnt orange.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Thank you all very much - what would I do without my online moms ? :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2010