can i give my baby 2 middle names?

i want my son to still have my maiden name as his middle name but my husband will only agree to the name i have chosen if he gets the midle name he chose. but i really don't want to give up giving him my maiden name as a middle name because my other 2 children have it as their middle name. it's been a family tradition & i dont want to give it. btw hyphenating isn't an option

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ugh not the 2 middle name thing. Haha sorry but I had to fight my fiance and his whole family on giving my son 2 middle names. My fiance and all his brothers have 2 middle names. I think it is stupid and confusing. Not to mention, the 2nd middle name is ALWAYS forgotten. On my fiance's high school diploma, driver's license, mail, health insurance, car insurance, basically every single document, it says Jeremy W. instead of Jeremy W.C. So it basically makes the 2nd middle name pointless because no one ever even includes it on anything. I mean you can do what you want but I just think its too confusing and unnecessay.
    Anonymous

• why not change the first name to something you agree on
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My sister has two middle names and they call her by it all. . . just because on I.D.s and stuff it doesn't show doesn't mean anything. . . if you like two middle names go for it. . . it is not common than you think.
    Anonymous

• more common than you think. . .sorry spelling error
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You are the one that fills out the BC so, it ultimatly up to you. Four of my kids have 2 middle names. Jason William Cossey, Gabriella Ann Marlene, Olivia Evelyn Lee, Valerie Kathryn Theresa all names except Jason, Olivia and Valerie are family names and I have my SS that I adopted Carson Alexander, he picked his name after his Uncle Carson.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• because we can't agree on a first name. i actually despise the middle name he chose, but this is the only compromise or else the baby won't have a name at all. we've gone through a million names and we can't agree. my husband likes weird off the wall names. he's been pushing "geon" really hard as a first name, so i gave in and said it can be the middle name if he lets me give the baby a decent first name. he's really stubborn & won't agree with any of the names i like, and he'd name the baby "zorb" if it were completely up to him. ugghh..... i really wish he'd just drop the name he chose & help me pick a nice name, but we just can't seem to agree. i would like it better if he just had 3 names, but it seems this is the only way. i don't want our son losing my maiden name. this name has meaning & will always remind him that he is part of 2 families, not just the one his last name is named for. it's part of who he is.
    Anonymous

• I gave dd 2 middle names! I really wanted her to have my middle name, DH wanted dd to have his mothers middle name which was also the same as my mothers middle name... thus, her name is Kyla Lynn Marie. DH's brother has two middle names because his twin passed in the womb and it was in rememberance of him. It works out great and we both got what we wanted. I don't see a problem with it!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• sure, why not?
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yeah why not. Its your baby name him whatever you would like. If we were going to have a boy we were gonna give him two middles but we had a girl. Or are having a girl. lol.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010