5 dates, no kiss - more details :)

Okay here is the low-down :)
#1st date Valentines Day: He shows up with chocolate and a Twilight card (I hate Twilight and he knew it- being cute) I know, awwwwww.
#2 He met with a friend and me after she and I saw a movie, he passes the 1st friend test.
#3 We went to see a movie, it was snowing and he walked me to my car and then came back to offer to sweep off the car for me, I know... awwww... sweet again. But no kiss... just a hug
#4 Bowling, I got a terrible score LOL, and then we went to have and drink and he took me back to my car. Got a hug in the car and he waited until I got my car started and left before he left.
#5 Met up for a coffee during the day- again hug...
We talk on the phone ever few days and text every other day or so. He makes time to call me even when he is working late at the office (and talks to me for like an hour!) Compliments me, when we are in a noisy place he will talk in my ear... WTH!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he's a good guy trying to take it slow. I like that. He's being a complete gentleman. That kind of respect is lost in this day and age. Why don't YOU be the first to kiss? He may be waiting on a cue from you.
    Anonymous

• He might be scared to make the first move. That's the only thing I can think of. It's good to wait though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• awwww i think thats cute!!! it shows that hes really into you, not just wanting to "hook up"..im sure when the time is right you will have a magical 1st kiss!!! sounds to me like hes a good guy!!! so adorable!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Damn... Lean in and lay one on HIM! He is probably nervous to make the first move, so you do it.
    MillyPontipee

Answer by MillyPontipee at 10:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• what's the point in saying all of this? the man likes you as a friend. That's not a bad thing.
    Anonymous

• MY SO took things really slow too, when I asked him about it he said he didn't want to scare me away so he wanted to let me call the shots when I was comfortable with it. I would do what the PP suggested lean in and give him a kiss, even if it is just on the cheek when he leans in for a hug. He might interpret that as a signal that you are comfortable with it. Oh yeah and he does sound charming!!! Good luck
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 11:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• try kissing him first...there's nothing wrong with you making the first move....I have a similar story....I was hanging out with a man I liked, both as a friend and more.....I thought I was making it clear that I wanted more than just a hug.....well apparently he didn't get it. Finally one night we were at my house watchin movies with friends and having a few beers....He was chatting away and I turned to him and said " So when are you gonna kiss me??" He leaned in so fast he coulda taken my head clean off!!! He was waiting for the right moment.....and I gave it to him....3 years later, we're married!!! So dh was just a little nervous! LOL its a great story...so why don't you try makin the first move? It worked for me! LOLZ
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I second the anon. He likes you as a friend only. Are you sure he's straight?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2010