Do you have your tubes tied?

I've been considering getting my tubes tied, but the side effects are scaring me. I was wondering what your experience was/is? Any complications? What was your recovery time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• I had mine done a day after my third baby was born. I have a tiny one inch scar right above my belly button, you can barely see it. I know this is not common, but my entire abdomen area was blue/discolored (bruising?) I didn't think anything of it because my doctor checked it once (he only saw the actual incision site) and he said it was looking good. I never looked at it while it was healing. I had my husband clean it for me. It's just a belly button issue I have - don't know why, but touching around that area freaks me out. Recovery time: Took a couple of weeks to heal completely, I was up and walking around with ease three to four days later. I did need a little extra help from hubby/family with positioning the baby to breastfeed. It's really not that bad. A little discomfort, no extreme pain or anything like that.
    Anonymous

• My mom must be smoking something funny, she told me it would only take about a day of being down to recover from a tubal. What the ****?!?!?!
    Anonymous

• I had a tubal.....at the same time I had a c-section so I had no real issues with it at all....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had mine done 3 or 4 weeks after I had my son (the made me wait) it wasn't a big deal-a litte bit of a bruise I think and after a day or two was pretty much fine- had a cousin stay with me the first day because hubby was in the army
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Well I had one and after I started having heavy periods, major mood swings two weeks before i start and its still that way 6 months later. If I had it to do over again I would not have done it. Also for like three months my sex drive was zero, now week before my period and after its in overdrive! I can't stand any of it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I had mine done at a day surgery place. (laparoscopic with rubber bands not tied and burned) I have no scars. I remember having a painfully bloated tummy because they pump gas into your abdomen. And also the horrible feeling of having to pee all the time when you really don't. All I wanted to do was sleep but I was too uncomfortable. But after that first day I had no problems.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Try Essure talk to your doctor about it.No surgery and no down time.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yeah I agree with the PP I have Essure & there was no downtime at all. And even with a normal tubal the downtime shouldn't be more than a day! Essure is permanent, no going back at all! So make sure you've really decided!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I had my tubes tied when I had my c-section with my 3rd child. I did not notice anything different with that than when I had my 1st or 2nd c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I had Essure. No complications. No downtime. And I had it done in office. Plus it cannot self reverse like a vasectomy or tubal ligation. You can read all about my experience in my journals.

My Essure Experience, Day 3 with Essure, 1 week with Essure, Week 2 with Essure, Essure Update

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2010