Struggling on this Bible verse. Can someone help me make light of it?!

Proverbs 6:16-19 talks about 7 things the lord "hates". I feel like i fall into one of those categories always. I pray. I read my bible. i try. I ask God for help w/ repentence. I some how still sin and sometimes commit the same sin over and over without even thinking about it. Like yelling at my husband, sometimes not being quick to forgive, being impatient w/ my daughter ect... Also, a few verse after it says how commiting adultery is a sin that can never be "wiped away". I've never commited adultry but i thought ALL sins can be forgiven if asked!? SO down about this and confused. I get a different vibe, almost a contradiction from the bible each time a read it :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Keep praying until you become what it is god wants you to become. We are all sinners and we will stay that way if we don't give ourselves away to our savior. Cast the devil out, get down on your knees and ask god for guidance and strength.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• All sins but blaspheming the Holy Ghost are forgivable. It takes lots of prayer, time, and effort to gain the victory over our besetting sins. Do your best and God will help you. He's doing all He can to save us; it's only fair that we do all we can to please Him.

Proverbs 6:33 drives home the destructive power of adultery. The adulterer's"reproach shall not be wiped away" if he doesn't repent of his sins. Even if he does repent and God forgives, there are still consequences Infidelity can result in many catastrophic scenarios--- divorce,angry spouses, children outside the marriage,even murder...

Consider the writer's (Solomon) origins. His father was an adulterer. King David's story is a perfect example of adultery's consequences. He was forgiven, but "the sword did not depart from David's house"(2 Samuel 12:10).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't see here where what you describe is in 16-19. I think alot of your intention has to be considered also, and you sound like your intentions are not at all what you eventually do. Habits are hard to break, if maybe you can replace your instinctive responses to your daughter and your husband with a more forgiving kinder response, you'll be more satisfied. Transformation often does not come overnight. With us, it can sometimes to take years to living a better life, people are people and we are imperfect, you are imperfect trying to live to perfection. I think as long as your intentions are good and you try to change your habits you will eventually reach success.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You've already have been given good advice, But not only do you need to ask God for forgiveness, you also need to apologize to your family. As soon as the words come out, if you can't stop them. tell your husband, daughter, that you're sorry for what you said. That sometimes everything gets to you and you react before thinking.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• This link will help you.

Don't take verses 16-19 out of context. You must read the preceeding verses. These verses are talking about a truly evil person. Not someone who falters from time to time or accidently causes harm or dischord. These verses are describing someone who has evil in their heart and intentionally harms people, intentionally lies, etc.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• and you need to remember that God knows we stumble at times and we can know that He puts our sins from His mind once we are forgiven, God makes allowance for our failings. He is not unreasonable, demanding what we cannot deliver, nor does he keep finding fault. He understands our frailties and weaknesses. King David, who sinned grievously, confessed: “He has not done to us even according to our sins; nor according to our errors has he brought upon us what we deserve.” For what reason? “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, [God’s] loving-kindness is superior toward those fearing him.” Even though Jehovah knows we sin, he is prepared to put our transgressions “as far off as the sunrise is from the sunset.”—Psalm 103:10-14.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• ALL of humanity is doomed. We have created a deity who demands perfection from imperfect beings and obedience to more laws and commandments than anyone can even remember, let alone adhere to. No one is perfect. No one will EVER be perfect. Every human being in existence, and in pre-existence, is condemned by their own human flaws. So you might as well stop trying. You will never be able to appease your tempermental and judgmental god.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2010