my 3 yr old is hungry...

Every night for the last couple of months after I get her tucked into bed she calling me in there cause she is hungry. I feed her 3 good meals a day and even the occasional snack. Is this normal? Is it an attention thing? I don't know if I should be feeding her or not?(I have been giving her bread and water. thoughts?

hypersquirrel

Asked by hypersquirrel at 11:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe before bedtime you could give her a snack right before bed. I do this with my two year old- we sit together on the couch or read a book and i will give her a snack- whether it is fruit, cereal, or whatever. something to fill up that little tummy a little extra before bed. Maybe you should give it a try. :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree with pp. I give my kids a snack before bed and they are great through the night. I started this after my son ( 4 almost 5) was doing the same thing. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I always got a bedtime snack growing up and now I do the same with my boys. Tonight they had grapes and graham crackers. I would try that. If not she is going to get into a routine of you bringing her something in bed every night. My boys eat three meals a day, have snacks in between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner and then before bed, they are 2 and 3 years old.
    Anonymous

• My son gets like that sometimes right when he gets into bed but when he says it he means it cause he will eat all of what I give him. His problem is occasionally he wont eat but a few bites of his dinner so then hes hungry later. I how ever never deny for child of food or wter but thats just me. I guess If I got him food or water when he asked and he did nothing with it then I would probably not fall for it again that night lol cause some kids are like that they just want to stay up and will tell you anything or ask for anything. My son has only two big meals a day cause he will not eat breakfast and never has besides when he was nursing of course but he snacks all through out the day and they good thing is now that hes old enough he comes to me when hes hungry but i still offer him things all through out the day just incase.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• she is either growing or playing you. give her a nice healthy low sugar snack before bed. and if she still complains about hunger, then she is playing you. Most kids go though a stage were they will try to manipulate to prolong the bed time process.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Could be she is growing I would just put a evening snack in befor bed.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Give her a snack before bed but make sure brushing her teeth occurs after it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2010