• In the Spotlight:

TMI

So about 29 weeks right now, and I have in the last week been SUPER SUPER wet, like leaking thru my pantie liner, is this normal, i dont remember this with my other kids, TMI but its like if i put my hand on the outside on my pants I can feel damp thru the pants, and before anyone asks, i dont know how to explain what it smells like cause its just smells like the V normally smells..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had the exact same thing since I was about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant. Its totally normal as long as your not gushing watery fluid out. Cause I get so wet down there that I have to change pantys constantly and I randomly have to go in the bathroom through out the day and wipe myself cause it feels so grose. Im almost 34 weeks pregnant and it still hasnt gone away so you might have to put up with it a while longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Doctor says it's normal. He explained it as the uterus having a cold and the wetness being the snot like in the sinus's
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 1:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• A very important questions-- is your discharge viscous (a little thick/slimy) or watery? When I was 32 weeks mine changed to watery and increased slightly. I wasn't sure if it was normal or not, mentioned it to my MW and she said keep an eye on it. A week later it increased a little more and got a very slight pink tinge. I wasn't having as much as you, but I could tell the difference in the consistency. I got checked, and spent the next 3 weeks in the hospital 'til my son was born because I had Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes (PPROM). It sounds more serious than it was, because it was only a small leak (like a tear in the membranes) and now that I know, if it happens again, I probably won't get checked. HOWEVER, i would encourage you to get checked because you're having so much and you're only 29 weeks (IF it's watery). Your doctor can do a simple litmus test to see if it's amniotic fluid. (continued)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It's important to get checked because sometimes the leak is caused by an infection that can get to the baby. EVen if it's not caused by an infection, you're more susceptible to infection because there's an opening. Again, this is not relevant to you unless the discharge is watery, because the slimy stuff is normal. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• OP here its waterly.. like ur pee but its not really got a color.. or a smell
    Anonymous