how to tell your mom how you feel and if you should have a relationship with her

hi cafe mom's my name is cindy and my mom and I don't have a good relationship when I was growing up my mom gave me up and I was raised by her husband's mom and step-dad my mom didn't know how to be a mom and when my parent's seperated my mom gave custody to my grandparen'ts and I feel like I don't know how my mom could of done what she did my grandpare'nts tried their best and my mom moved in with her in-laws and helped take care of me and my three brother's I love my mom but at times I want to get to know her better Ifeel like I don't know her at all and I wish at times she would call me and ask me how I'm doing instead I have to call her and I feel like I should tell her how much she means to me should I write her a letter and tell her how I feel or should I just write it in my jornal

hunnybunch198

Asked by hunnybunch198 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• tell her how you feel. ask her if she'd like to further a relationship with you. let her know.

I love my mom very much and would do anything to have a deeper relationship with her. we had one once and it fell apart because of numerous reasons. Then when it seemed like it might get stronger again, she died.

Do not waste time thinking about this. Let her know how you feel and if it doesn't work out then don't dwell on it. But at least you'll know you did something.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I would write mom a letter and tell her how you feel. Even better I would call her or go sit down with her and tell her.
    Anonymous

• write her a letter. she may feel guilt for giving you up and not having a strong relationship, and may not think you want to have one with her, or will forgive her for what she has done. So it's important that you tell HER instead of your journal :) Although...journals are helpful, it won't solve the problem!
    Just open up to her, and then you can say you've done your best to have a relationship with her...and the ball is in her court!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Maybe she's scared you will be angry with her or maybe she thinks you are happier without her. You will never know unless you contact her and let her know getting to know her is something you want. I'd write it all out. It gives people time to read and process then decide what to do. Don't be upset if she's reserved at first. She may be angry with herself for not being able to be the mom you wanted her to be back in the day. If that is the case, don't take her anger or disappointment (in herself) personally. It can't be easy loving a child so much that she gives her up thinking someone else could do a better job.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010