I think my son either has or is getting pneumonia

So my son had a sinus infection 2 weeks ago and they started him on some antibiotics and then he got croup on Monday and we have been giving him pulmicort twice a day and both times he was seen by his doctor they said his lungs sound very clear and good. Today we went to the doctor again (for GI) and she said he was wheezing pretty badly and if I knew that. I told her I could hear him wheezing yes but 2 days ago his pedi said his lungs were clear. Apparently they aren't today. So now he has a 100.2 fever (out of nowhere). His cough is wet sounding and absolutely horrible! Any suggestions? Should I take him back to his pedi tomorrow or give this another day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like asthma, not pneumonia. Just saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• He has asthma. He was diagnosed w/ that almost a yr ago. This isn't his asthma giving us issues. He is sick.
    Anonymous

• Take him back to the ped and request a chest x-ray. You might have to give him albuterol around the clock if you are not already. If the albuterol is not helping then he definitely needs to be seen.
    AlyssaRob1416

Answer by AlyssaRob1416 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2010

• What did the doc say to do about his wheezing? If they gave you a course of treatment then I would continue it for another few days. If they didnt tell you what to do about it then I would definitely call them and ask. If your child had pneumonia then I am sure the doc would have known it and started an anti-biotic (probably even started one if they even expected it)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2010