I think my son has or is getting pneumonia

So my son had a sinus infection 2 weeks ago and they started him on some antibiotics and then he got croup on Monday and we have been giving him pulmicort twice a day and both times he was seen by his doctor they said his lungs sound very clear and good. Today we went to the doctor again (for GI) and she said he was wheezing pretty badly and if I knew that. I told her I could hear him wheezing yes but 2 days ago his pedi said his lungs were clear. Apparently they aren't today. So now he has a 100.2 fever (out of nowhere). His cough is wet sounding and absolutely horrible! Any suggestions? Should I take him back to his pedi tomorrow or give this another day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he? If he's pulling at them there is something that they are missing. I would take him to an otolaryngologist (ENT). He made have a lot of fluid, built up wax that is creating blaokage and infection.. I waould bet on it. I would also bet that when the ENT looks at his ears he suggests tubes. Amoxicillin is the generic augmentin, they gave you the same medicine. Id make an appotinment with the ENT, youll need a referral from your GP... I would lose him/her too. They gave you the same med probably thinking you wouldnt know. I know one was pink and the other was gross and white. They are still the same. OMNICEF is a really last resort antibiotic for my son. Go to the ENT though. They are specialist with all that.

Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate)

Company: SmithKline Beecham
    Approval Status: Approved February 1996
    Treatment for: sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia
    Areas: Pulmonary/Respiratory Diseases
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• SOunds like sinus infection that needed stronger antibiotics. My son used to get sick like that, turn out they werent looking close enough, It was ear infections. He has tubes now and the wheezing and horrible horrible cough is gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Well he had a sinus infection about 5 weeks ago that they gave him amoxcicillan (sp?) for and this time they gave him augentum (sp?). His ears they say are ok. He has been pulling on them though, especially his right one. UGH! I just wish he wasn't so sick. My poor little guy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2010