How can a person(s) ask someone to do something that goes against their faith and still sleep at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Guess I would have to know the details.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I couldn't expect anyone to go against their faith and "sleep at night."

However I would also expect that their actions didn't dictate they went against their beliefs and then they refuse to either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I'd answer except you're just going to choose yourself as best answer and close the question again so why bother.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Ah, OP you are only typing to get the answers you want to hear. If a religion has ANYTHING to do with serving the PUBLIC and receiving funds from the government then they should abide by FEDERAL LAWS

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Easily, the person doing the asking isn't the one that's breaking their faith - the one that does it is and as essentially know one can make you do anything in this life, if you do it, you are the only person responsible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I don't know exactly what your talking about, so I don't know. Maybe the other person doesn't have any faith so they don't care.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I could easily sleep at night after asking someone to do something against their faith...as long as I thought it was the right thing.  However, I don't normally go around asking people to break their faith.  I usually say something like, "Well, this is what I would do, but you do whatever you think you should..."

Anonymous

• Yeah I don't have an answer for you. I sleep just fine, but I never ask anyone to do something against their faith. Of course it helps to know what faith they are. But I agree with anon. 2:29 it obviously doesn't go against the faith of the person asking and if the person being asked does it against their own faith, they are ultimately responsible because they didn't say NO. How do you sleep yourself if you go against your own faith to begin with?? The guilt must eat you alive.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Frankly, your faith doesn't matter a bit to me. If your faith is telling you to do or support something that I find morally reprehensible, or in violation of the civil rights of others, I would sleep just fine wanting you to go "against" it. I'd probably sleep better than ever.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If your faith is telling you not to eat pork and somebody put bacon on your turkey sandwich, I'm going to tell you that you have two choices: consider it a temptation from the Devil and consider this a religious fast or admit that you don't really believe that pork is vile and eat the sandwich. Your choice. Either it is a religious belief or it isn't. If it is truly a religious belief and not just a cultural norm, then don't blame the deli guy, blame the devil and resist because it is not just a matter of the deli guy disregarding your religion. It is a matter of the Devil being after your soul.

Anonymous