my daughter is 10 1/2 months and shes not crawling.. should i be concern. the dr. says shes over flexing and her muscle tone is not strong and that why she shes delayed im wonder if there any parents that had the same problem what they did.. please help!!!

SheilaAM

Asked by SheilaAM at 1:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have your doctor refer her to a PT (physical therapist). I know it seems extreme. My son goes to speech therapy and I have watched the therapists from PT help alot of kids. At least youll know. An evaluation takes like an hour and a half if that.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My son just turned 11 months today and he began crawling at around that time too. I seen the doctor and he said that it was from us not giving him much exercise. We just moved into a new place, our old place was with my mom and their was no room for him to 'exercise', so i stopped him from doing all of his milestones int he wrong order. but doc says he incredibly healthy and that he should move around normally now that we have space for him to crawl. :) Than God for us moving out. <3
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Some babies never crawl, it is not a milestone. so don't use that as a guage. but the baby should be able, some way some how scootch over to toys.

Do you let her spend a lot of time on the floor?
    If you use them, I would stop all baby container use...no bouncer, no swing, no jumper. They can hinder skills if over used. Jus tthought I'd warn you as many people don't know that.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My now 10 year old had low muscle tone when he was younger. He never crawled, just pulled himself along the floor and he was a very late walker as well. We had him evaluated by early intervention when he was 15 months and they offered occupational therapy (OT) to help him with his muscle tone.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• See if there is a local "Early Intervention" group...we have a great one here that came to our house...evaluated our daughter and did all her therapy in home.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 9:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I was ask the doctor what he suggests as a remedy. Not because your daughter is not crawling (it's not a developmental milestone today and many children never do crawl), but because he's mentioned low muscle tone. He may suggest activities you can do to help her build muscle tone or he may refer you to a specialist that can advise you.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 9:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• DD - 9 1/2 mos
    DS - 11 Mos

I wouldn't be concerned. As stated, some babies never crawl.

Tummy time? Or even an excersaucer, because they push off of the front, using the same muscles used during tummy time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2010