for ladies who's SO's or DH's work takes them away from home. (like military, truck driver, etc)

My DH is in the Army. He's always somewhere overseas. Currently he is in Germany and I feel really lonely at night. Even when i am exhausted from a long day i still dread crawling into bed at night. It's like the final act of the day only brings forth the cold realization that i am still not with him. Obviously i'm not talking about any sexual desires here (that's a different post. lol).

I just seem to miss him so much more once the children are in bed. And even more so once i lay down my head and roll over to wrap my arms around him ...and (like usual) he's not there.
Am i the only one who has a much harder time at night?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• No you are not. I think that we all feel loneliest when we go to lay our heads down at night. I tend to stay up later and later each night my husband is gone. Until I am going to bed at like 3 or 4 and then begin to hate myself in the morning. So then I turn to books, they keep my mind moving and away from missing my hubby. I read and read until I can not read another word. Then after a month or so of reading every night I figure something else out like watching a movie a night, scrapbooking, exercising, and my last resort is cleaning. For me it like a cycle of different things that entertain my brain. I know other Mom's that can not fall asleep without the television on. So no you are not alone and that is another reason why many Mom's are on Cafe Mom so late at night. Hang in there and keep your mind busy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My guy works nights a lot, and I feel like this when he is gone late at night, too. I actually usually sneak our baby (almost 2 y.o) into bed with me because I don't like to be all alone.

Good luck, I know it can be hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I know how you feel my hubby worked nights straight for 2 1/2 years and he worked every single night for 90 days straight without a day off i work full time so by the time I got home from work he would be sleeping and when he got up he ate shit, shaved, showered and he was out the door for 10hours so going to bed was the worst I would get up a ton of times at night and not sleep very good at all ever. Hang in there momma he will be home soon and when you roll over he will be there to hold tight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My boyfriend is a long haul trucker, so yes, I know how you feel. And yes, it is much harder at night. I don't know if this is an option for you or not, but we often talk right up until we're ready to go to sleep. Occasionally his schedule gets off from mine and he goes to bed earlier in the day, but most of the time we're on the same schedule or he's driving late enough that he can stay on the phone with me until I'm ready to fall asleep. That helps a lot for me. On those nights when we can't do that, I often keep the TV on. I have a timer on it that will turn it off automatically, and I set it for 2-3 hours and then just watch it until I fall asleep. But, as another mom told you, just hang in there and he'll be home soon.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I feel that way too when mine goes home to his wife
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2010