Craziest Menstrual Cycle Ever.. What is goin on with my body?

I have always had a 5-7 day period that was what I considered to be a normal period. The past two times around it's been very light and almost brown rather than red. GROSS yes, but I need to know. Dont have the money to go to the doc and ask a simple question if it's just nothing. Normally it's like crazy heavy too.. Idk. What is going on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• you could be pregnant or any number of things wrong... OR there could be nothing wrong at all. As we get older our periods can change. See if you can find a free clinic or something in your area. I dont know where you live but I know we have them all over the place here in Houston.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You could be going through some sort of an early menopause or perimenopause this could start as early as in your 20's, 30's, 40's I had a normal period at one time then once i hit my 40's I had light periods then just recently I thought I was done with my cycle for the month then all of a sudden on the day I thought that was it I blead for 3 heavy days (sorry so much info) but I actually went to go to my gyno and she said that I was going through perimenopause. Try googling it see what you think I pray it is nothing else. Don't worry we woman go through so much crap this is just another one adding to the list. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Have you gone on any sort of hormonal birth control? I had a similar thing when I first started getting my depo shot. My periods were normally heavy, painful and miserable. After I got the shot, I had light, brown periods, and now I have no periods at all.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010