Does anyone have experience with a S/O who is Bipolar?

My husband was diagnosed Bipolar. We have been together for over three years, and he can never seem to hold a job for a stable amount of time. He is on medication, however his paranoia about me being unfaithful to him (Which I have never been, nor ever will!) is driving me crazy! It is a roller coaster emotionally for both of us. I don't know what to do. I love him dearly, and do not want to just give up. For some reason, when he is happy with me, I am a great Mom/Wife, but when he is upset with me, he tells me that I am constantly breaking his heart by doing "stupid things" and that I am treating him like dirt. He also calls me selfish and is convinced that I don't think of him or his feelings which is completely untrue! I want this relationship to be strong again. Any Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Part of the way that he is treating you is cause the meds that they have him on isn't working and this needs to be addressed ASAP. Things will get better once he is stable on his meds and also on the right one. He has to work at it along sit you and excepting responsibleis the first step in the right direction holding a job needs to be #1 on his list. You needs to speak with his doctor and work out a plan of action.

I don't want to scare you but  the person that I went thur this has passed away from this illness he left our 3 month son. This is serious and this has to be addressed now. Counselling will also work getting thur this for the both of you. GL to you and your family. You just remember you are a strong women and no matter what you and your hubby will make it thur this you both have to work on it if thats what you both want.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Educate yourself about Bi-Polar.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My husband is bipolar. I agree it sounds like his meds aren't working. Is he seeing a psychiatrist? Often Bipolar patients don't find the right doctors. If a general doctor or a psychologist is treating him, he needs to find a psychiatrist. They are specifically trained to treat this condition. My husband suffered for 3 years before finding the right doctor. Keep reminding yourself that its the disorder talking. Even when he is super ubber happy its the disorder. Do you know what phase he is? My DH is phase 2 which means he cycles rapidly through moods. Your welcome to PM me about it.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• For sickeness and in health....remember that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yeah he needs to get on some better medication. My mother's bi-polar, and has been for years...and you can tell when she's not on her meds. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2010