Birth Certificates

If I dont have a father listed on my daughters birth certificate, when I get married will my husband just be able to sign it? Or is there a whole lotta legal stuff? Would it still be an adoption?

Just wondering!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• He'd have to adopt the child. No just signing it doesn't make it legal.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yes there is A LOT of legal stuff, they would have to do DNA tests, also the father of the child if he finds out he can dispute it and stop any adoptions. He would have to sign his legal rights over. If it is found out that later you knew who the father was and never told him and he shows up it could cause many issues. You need to talk to a lawyer about getting him to sign away his rights if that is what you want. Keep in mind tho he does not have to. He has every right to see his own child
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• [op here]
    There is no father. I was raped, I dont know who the father is...
    Anonymous