Why are your eyes puffy in the morning?

I hada down day yesterday and fell asleep crying last night. I woke up this morning with swollen, puffy eyes. Why are your eyes always puffy in the morning after a night of crying

p.s. Not sure if I catergorized this question correctly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Health

• Perhaps you have an allergy. My eyes are not puffy in the morning

Answer by rkoloms at 6:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Once in a blue moon my eyes will be so puffy it looks like I got knocked out the day before lol. I get deep, dark under eye circles and my upper lids will swell really bad. For me I think it's allergies, I don't know why crying does it too.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 7:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Never really thought about it before, but since you asked, I tried Ask.com and found this....

http://ezinearticles.com/?Puffy-Eyes-From-Crying?--Heres-Some-Solutions-To-Wipe-Those-Tears-Away&id=377357

Most people have experience puffy eyes from crying. As your tear ducts produce tears, the sodium in the tears will cause your eyes to swell up. It is not actually the eye that becomes swollen, but the skin around your eyes including your eye lids. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it is also noticeable. Luckily, there are several remedies for puffy eyes that you can use.

How Long Will My Puffy Eyes From Crying Last?

How long do you have to endure those puffy eyes? Usually, the cure for puffy eyes is time. Your eyes need time to flush out the extra tears and to flush them. For most people, it only takes a few hours for them to get back to normal. If you go to sleep, though, just after crying, you can wake up to those puffy eye
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010