Besides vinegar, what's a good natural floor cleaning solution I can mix up at home?

I can't use vinegar, the smell gives me a headache!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My mother-in-law swears by dish soap and water.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If you want to clean your hardwood/tile floors without any harsh chemicals, I would recommend a steam mop/steam cleaner. I use a Haan steam system for my tiles, bathrooms and even counter tops. The floors are clean and the bacterias are gone. No bad smell, no danger for kids or animals in the house.
    AtillaTheHun

Answer by AtillaTheHun at 8:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my mom uses a cap full of bleach and then water..te smells not tat strong
    also you can pour about 1/2 to 3/4 cup baking soda into the drain it un cloggs it
    rubbing alcohol is a good cleaner for windows/glass bc it evaporates and doesnt leave streeks
    a strong glass clean reciepe is 1 cup rubbing alcohol,1 cup water , 1 tablespoon clear, non-sudsing ammonia
    an all purpose ouse cleaner reciepe is 1 T clear, non-sudsing ammonia,1 T clear laundry detergent ,2 cups water
    and a furniture polisher is 1 cup olive oil(which will give it it shine) 1/2 cup lemon juice (which will clean it)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• you can use less vinegar too, or add an essential oil to it to change the smell. i use orange oil.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010