Why would anyone go to an unlicensed plastic surgeon for plastic surgery? Aren't the women just as much to blame as the Drs?

"Caulk" Butt Implants Hospitalize Six New Jersey Women
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/national_world&id=7319885

Six New Jersey women are recovering in the hospital after receiving black-market implants for their buttocks.
Police in Essex County say their procedures were done by unlicensed surgeons ... Who apparently used non-medical grade silicone.
One poison expert likened the material to caulk used to seal plumbing fixtures in bathrooms.
The state department of health has not identified the women ... Nor released information on where they received their bogus surgeries.
No arrests have been made. The six patients received anti-biotic treatment to fight infections, and are now recovering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Butt implants? *giggles*

Yeah, while the doctor is disgusting for using caulk - the women really just deserve to be handed their signs. An unlicensed surgeon? My mind is just reeling. These women must not have brains.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yea, The women are the bigger idiots, imo... Why anyone would have medical treatment done by someone UNlicensed in their field is BEYOND me... They get the Alexander Dumass (caulk ass) Award....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I have no idea how dumb some woman can be.. My plastic surgeon is so well kn own and duh you ask to see there stuff all there info duh..
    andersonboys3

Answer by andersonboys3 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Some people will do anything to save a buck
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I laughed really really hard when I read this article.

Woo hoo....Butt CAULK!. :D
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• well, Duhhhhhhhhh. Idiots.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It comes down to this:

Licensed: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unlicensed: $$$$$

Of course it's wrong. OF COURSE. But need I say more? People are drawn to better deals, no matter how illegal it is.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• yes they are to blame. You should check to see if he is licensed and Board Cert.

You do get for what you paid for!!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Yeah they are to blame..

They're pretty damn dumb.. but none the less, they are responsible.. They made the choice to pay this person to do an alteration to their bodies.. Maybe they learned a lesson. Doubtful though.. I'm pretty sure they are going to blame the "doctor" and try to hold him legally responsible for this mess. I don't see a single one of these women taking responsibility for their piss poor choice, call me cynical, but I just don't see it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Haha....I'm sure the local yellowpages plumber or handyman could have done the same for less. They should have just contacted them instead.

The multiple levels of stupidity in the article are pretty damn funny.

It's the same as using an unlicensed contractor to do major repairs on your home. You get what you pay for.

And really...BUTT IMPLANTS.....HAHA
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2010