223,000,000,000

Yes, thats billion . Thats the deficit added for February and we keep spending. Spending was up 17% in February. I thought Obama said he wanted to lower the deficit. This is horrendous, something we have never dealt with before. Liberals, are you satisfied with this? Do you really think this spending is helping ?
I don't see it, haven't seen it from the beginning.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's staggering.Of course, I am a conservative and so I hate it with a passion.It appear some liberals do not care though as long they think it is worth it.I fail to see how the stimulus has been worth it.This administration isn't planning on stopping the spending either.Of course,again some liberals do not care because they think it will be worth it with this health care bill if it passes.I fail to see how it will be worth it and I would be willing to bet our children and grandchildren will also fail to see the worth when they are strapped down with massive debt.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• At one point Obama said he wanted to cut the deficit in half. I guess that is on the back burner.

I find that figure horribly depressing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I think impeachment is in order.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 9:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Same old same old, no one that reaches that offices can ever stop spending. I think that we need to start one of the anonymous groups just for the spending habits of past and future presidents. Maybe they should make suze orman president, she would get us out of this mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Just wait and see, Its only a year. Every state has deficits and Obama Didn't Cause Those! Stop your drama, and think positive for once in your life. You're alive today, aren't you?
    Anonymous

• Just wait and see? It's only been a year? Are you serious???
    At this rate China will own us by the end of his term!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• And another blind Obama supporter speaks her blank mind.

These libs like the anon above have NO clue as to the effect this debt will have on us and future generations.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• It's bad, I get it. I don't agree with all this spending at all. But I also don't think it's any different than what most families are doing in their own homes. When they can't afford something they charge it, car broke down, charge it, christmas gifts, charge it. Then if you can't pay, file bankruptcy. Most of us have grown up with the attitude that if something isn't right, throw some money at the problem even if you can't afford it. It's a horrible example of how our economy works and we need to start teaching our children better. This whole country needs a financial workshop.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Who do we ACTUALLY owe the money to? We'll just make more, lol!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Anon :18, we owe the moeny to countries like China and Japan who loan us money to keep our dollar somewhat stable. If we can't pay when they demand, they can take control. How's that?
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2010