Underweight?

My DD is almost 3, and she's 23lbs, but really tall..She's 36.5 inches, but her daddy is 6'5...I'm 4'11 haha lol, but I am just worried because she looks SO skinny too me..She has a really long torso and average size legs, so she can still fit into 18 month clothes..Is she too underweight? She can't drink milk it makes her throw up =(...She eats fine, and is pretty healthy for the most part, but I guess naturally small?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My niece is 3 and only weighs about 23 lbs. Her docs. say it's normal, she has tiny parents.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If her peditrician isn't worried, they you shouldn't be either!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• If she is following the same growth curve she as always been following, I wouldn't worry. My oldest was 23lbs at 3. She hit a little growth spurt and grew 4in and gained 4lbs in the 5 months after that. Now she has pretty much stopped again and is about 27-28lbs and coming up to her 4 year check up.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I agree. IF her pediatrician isn't worried than she's fine. My three year old weighs 30lbs an is 36 inches tall. She looks like my husbands side of the family which tend to be a little big boned and tall as oppose to my family.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 10:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• i would pay more attention to her cognitive development than her weight. some people are thin. if everything else seems to be developing normally, then i wouldn't worry at all.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• my dd was 23 lbs at 11 mts. she will be 3 on moday and is about 33 lbs and 36 inches. wic tell me she is overweight and her doctor tells me she is healthy
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• As long as she is eating a balanced healthy diet she's probably fine. My oldest was about 26lbs at 3. She was only 32lbs when she started kindergarten at 5 and didn't hit 40lbs until she was 7 1/2.
    She'll be 10 this summer and only weighs like 48lbs (with her clothes on).
    She's just always been small. She was actually normal birth weight (7lbs) but by 5 months her growth dropped off and then followed it's own curve since then. She was 18lbs when she turned 1 and only 20lbs when she turned 2. Her biggest grown was between 2 and 3 years old. Since then she has gained, on average, 2lbs a year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2010