How much milk does a 1 year old drink?

Just switched to milk from formula and wondering if we're giving her too much. Her 1 year check-up is next week, so we haven't asked the doc. yet. How much milk does yours get? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i still give formula but i have given her milk. usually the standard 8oz. depends on how much formula u are giving her now. but the dr told me at her last appointment that with the switch to regular milk increase the fluids because considering formula is with water. good luck. its so much easier once they switch to milk. i can't wait to fully switch. after her year birthday i might do the full switch. i have so much formula so i wanted to use it up.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Mine gets a ton and that's not right. Apparently if they drink a lot of milk they don't want to eat so the dr. recommended that I give mine 2-3oz 4xs a day. He's drinking like 32oz now. He never eats so I try to compensate but apparently that's the wrong thing to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• You don't need to give ANY milk if you don't want to. I'd just offer it with meals and maybe once or twice other then that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Anon:47, If your baby isn't eating many foods, and drinking to compensate, consider a next step formula for a little while, at least until your LO eats regularly.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• My son drinks 16 ounces of milk/day and water after that. The dr asked and when I told her that she said that sounded like a good amount - so it's somewhere in the ballpark.

Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Water is fine; milk is unnecessary

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2010