Be real anoymously or not: Do you let dishes, laundry, and garbage pile up to the point it overwhelms you?

I love my kids. I hate housework. HATE it. Detest it. If I could afford a maid, I would get one. There are piles of dirty laundry in the basement, not sorted. There is garbage by the side door(in bags). The dishes are stacked in the kitchen. My mess is at least organized, but I just don't want to do sh*t! I know you all are not perfect. I know some of you clean obsessively. More power to you. I hate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a horrible habit of letting the clean laundry pile up - I usually do not have time to fold it when I get it out of the dryer (10 month old, DH never home) so sometimes there are as many as 5 loads piled up on the guest room bed...
    It completely overwhelms me.
    I am working on trying to change the way I do it though............
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I am pretty good about dishes,, terrible about laundry and cleaning daily!! I hate it as well!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• dishes get washed every evening - sometimes pile up but thats because of the ones I have to hand wash, i've got severe psoriasis on my hands and it hurts (even with gloves)

laundry I do every Friday - so there is indeed a mountain of laundry in the laundryroom.

the recycling piles up by the back door (dh somehow has a blinder on and can't see it).

oh and I HATE CLEANING, but I do it. I do it first thing in the morning so that when that little bit of motivation fizzles out I can just play. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I straighten but don't do hard-core cleaning. We have a cleaning lady who comes about once a month to mop, clean the bathroom, etc. It is the best money I have ever spent in my life. I'm ok with laundry and dishes (I use a dishwasher) but mopping and dusting-- ewwww.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Its easier if you just clean like 20 mins when you get up in the morning instead of waiting till it gets to that point. Thats what I do and my house stays clean. Anyways, if you can afford it I would get a maid to clean my house from top to bottom just ONE time. That way you can start over with a clean house.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I suck at housework, I get behind on laundry and dishes(sometimes) I do take trash out everyday though. I have 3 kids, a puppy and a dh that doesn't help much!
    Anonymous

• I do let the laundry pile up so bad that it takes me an entire day of doing nothing but laundry.. The dishes will sometimes get stacked so high that it takes my dishwasher two different times to do it.. However, I do try to clean daily only because it doesn't take me that long to pick up toys and dog toys and just little items.. But I HATE laundry and dishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I am one of those obssesive compulsive cleaner's.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• I used too. I hate doing dishes. But then I found that a full size portable dishwasher really does fit in my kitchen! Now my hubby fills it, you just pop the hose onto the faucet and turn it on. It's awesome. I highly reccomend it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• Sounds like my house. I work full time from home, have 2 small children, 2 websites in the works, school and a part time job to worry about. The laundry got out of control a while back and then the washer broke so I can't get it caught up, no matter how I try. Our washer will only do a half load at a time. I do dishes at least once a day, but it seems like there are always more. The garbage isn't an issue because it only goes to the porch anyways, that's where the cans are. Every moment I have to do housework, I do, but it's just not enough to keep up with the mess. I just don't let it bother me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2010